Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Chasing Away The Winter Blues With Flowers

I can tell you that I have the Winter Blues especially after getting more snow Sunday night into Monday luckly we only got about 2", but every day is one day closer to Spring and I can't wait. What do you get with spring? Flowers!!
I just love flowers and now that I have learned to make these flowers by the awesome and tallented Anna from More Paper Than Shoe's in her Ustream Classes it's chasing the Winter Blues away.
When I made my first flower with her a couple of Saturday night's ago I knew I needed to come up with a really cool project to show them off and I came up with this 8x8 shadow box.

Here is my picture with out the box.
Have you had a chance to use some of the German Glass Glitter? I really wish the pictures showed just how pretty this is but that's part of the Winter Blues is lack of sun. But I took some plain white hat pins and dipped them in some of the Craft Tac Glue from Meyers the makers for the German Glass Glitter and rolled then in the Glitter and made them really sparkley. Watch out I don't think anything will be safe now it's all getting Glittered.

I added lots of pretty Pearls to my Sizzix Branch with Leaves Die and to my Butterfly Punch from Martha Stewart.

These flowers are just so pretty and a big thanks again to Anna for being a great teacher. You must go stalk her on her BLOG and see all her awesome flowers. My big flower is made with paper from Graphic 45 from there Springtime Collection as well as all my background paper. My flowers were made with the Tattered Florals Die from Tim Holtz and all the flowers and my mat were Inked with Colorbox Ink.


Who else do you see stuck in the flowers is a Tear Bear made with an Acrylic Paper Piecing Pattern and made with some of the Super Thick White Mulberry Paper. My pretty little corner flourishes are from Recollections. One of my background mats are cut out with one of the new Grand Nestabilities, Grand Labels One from Spellbinders.

Now you only have about a week to enter our Winter Blues Challenge so lets see what you can make and enter your card ---HERE---

Don't forget about our
Guest DT Call

You still have time to enter and get all the details on our store blog ---HERE---

Make sure you go like us on Facebook

we have lots of fun over there with sneak peeks, fun contests and giveaways and don't forget us Beary Scrap Girls me and Kimm are there all the time bouncing around and the other girls like to pop over there to.

Thanks so much for looking.
~Patricia~

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails